New member - sail number 352

All general discussion and links about Preludes
luke-london-essex

New member - sail number 352

Post by luke-london-essex »

Hi everyone! I'm a delighted to be the latest owner of Prelude No. 352, bilge keel "Harrison John" (soon to be renamed!). I live in London but the boat is in Brightlingsea, Essex. This is my first boat and I've been having fun poking around and scratching my head on "how on earth am I going to replace X", so this forum has been a godsend over the last few weeks!

The former owner (my uncle) had been using her as a daysailer and she's been on a mooring buoy in Brightlingsea for the last 20ish years and in need of a bit of love. I'm planning on new electrics, new instruments, tiller pilot, interior/gallery refresh and a full repaint of the topside complete with finishing off the hull in a dark grey... so only a few small jobs and should all be done in a weekend :)

I am hoping to get her ready for some longer passages next year; down to Kent and back, and if all goes well then across the channel later in the year.

I'm getting insurance quotes at the moment and thus trying to estimate her age, so if anyone have a hull in the 300's do let me know how old you think your is!

Thanks!
Luke

Harrison John - the 'before' picture!
Harrison John - the 'before' picture!
Harrison John - smaller.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Jeremyfisher
Global Moderator
Boat Name: Jeremy Fisher
Sail Number: 507

Re: New member - sail number 352

Post by Jeremyfisher »

Welcome Luke.
I have the second from last one made (507) which was bvuilt in 1993 so at a guess I wpould say the yours woiuld be in the 1980's but cannot be more accurate than that. Do post pictures of your progfress in the gallery.

I hope you enjoy sailing her.

Best regards

Simon (Jeremy Fisher)
Haris
Site Admin
Boat Name: Faith
Sail Number: 220

Post by Haris »

All the best with the renovations. I find that all these preparations are about 50% of the enjoyment of sailing.
Have a happy year
Haris
Looky2002

Post by Looky2002 »

Hi , SALUT II has number 403 and was made in 1978.
luke-london-essex

Post by luke-london-essex »

thanks guys, If I do a quick bit of maths using all the boat ages I can see, that means my number 352 is probably made in 1976 or 1977!

Thanks!