End of season

All general discussion and links about Preludes
Jeremyfisher
Global Moderator
Boat Name: Jeremy Fisher
Sail Number: 507

End of season

Post by Jeremyfisher »

Well, that's it for this season. Boat out, pressure washed and wrapped up for the winter.

Been an excellent season, though, good weather and some very good sailing.

What have others been up to?

Regds

Simon
Haris
Site Admin
Boat Name: Faith
Sail Number: 220

Re: End of season

Post by Haris »

It was good for me but short this summer. As you know I keep my Faith in Greece and this year we only managed 2 weeks but I hope that next year we will go for 4 weeks. Still it was good to sail even though for a short time. It was the first time in years that all my family were there together (all 6 children and 1 grandchild). My son's girlfriend who was there made this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2jqfyt5KA if you've got 3 minutes to spare. Faith features quite a lot.
Alistair Sim

Post by Alistair Sim »

Hi Haris, great family holiday video, just curious as to what that shiny thing in thing in the sky is?

Regards, Alistair .... in a wet rainy Cumbria currently experiencing a conveyor belt of Atlantic lows pushing in rain and high winds : (
Jeremyfisher
Global Moderator
Boat Name: Jeremy Fisher
Sail Number: 507

Post by Jeremyfisher »

Great video, Haris, looks a great place to sail!

Regds

Simon
Haris
Site Admin
Boat Name: Faith
Sail Number: 220

Post by Haris »

Thanks Alistair and Simon
Yea we had a great time and indeed the sea is clear and a pleasure to sail with gentle breezes in the summer.
Take heart Alistair, that shiny thing in the sky will visit Cumbria too, one day soon.
Hold on
jerryevans
Boat Name: TROPICAL KITT
Sail Number: 40

Post by jerryevans »

Well Simon, P40, Tropical Kitt has been my only companion for all of June again. Better weather in 2014 had enabled me to visit the Small Isles from my preferred setting off point at Linnhe Marine, above Lismore Island, Firth of Lorne, west coast of Scotland. Soay Island, sometimes counted as one of the Small Isles, was my northernmost anchorage.
My cruising might best be described as 'easy on the pocket'. My boat is well found and well equipped for my needs. Marinas are a luxury not afforded or needed as anchoring is a traditional skill I enjoy practicing. If the forecast was not favourable, discretion (and retirement) removed the need to push on regardless, so all aspects of this wonderful area could be enjoyed in my own time. From Eigg I went on to Coll, the Treshnish Isles, Gometra and a couple of stops on the west coast of Mull. I tried to find anchorages that were new to me as often as I could. There were 12 new ones, 20 in total on this trip.

The wild life was again most interesting. No otter on board this time, but another furry swimmer....... a rat! Must have climbed up the anchor chain, I was more than 100 m from the shore with other yachts. Dolphins stayed with me for a while during fog on the way to Canna from Rhum. My photos seem to show where they had been, not the dolphins. Not professional. If the wind was too strong for sailing, walks ashore ensured a modicum of exercise and a degree of education regarding the wildlife.
is
In 2015 I hope to spend June cruising the same area again, weather permitting. I have been looking at the possibility of sailing round Skye. The question is clockwise or anticlockwise?

Jerry, in Cumbria